Edgetech 3400 Subbottom Profiler
Edgetech 3400 Sub-bottom Profiler
Edgetech 3400 Subbottom profiling system is a wideband Frequency Modulated (FM) sub-bottom profiler that uses EdgeTech's proprietary Full Spectrum CHIRP technology.
It generates high-resolution images of the sub-bottom stratigraphy in oceans, lakes, and rivers and provides excellent penetration in various bottom types.
Edgetech 3400 comes in a dual 2-16 kHz transducer configuration. The towfish is configured with new PVDF receiver arrays segmented for standard sub-bottom profiling operations or a unique "pipe-line" mode for optimal location and imaging of buried pipelines. Additionally, this newly designed towfish can be towed behind a vessel or mounted on a pole over the side of a vessel.
The system offers real-time reflection coefficient measurements, allowing users to collect complex "analytic" data using linear system architecture to measure sediment reflection and analyze sediment type determination. The system has discrete transmit and receive channels, allowing for continuous data collection. This results in a high ping rate, which is particularly important for construction and pipeline surveys.
- Enhanced Sub-bottom PVDF receivers
- Sub-bottom mode or pipeliner mode
- Dual 2-16 kHz transducers
- Pole-mount or tow options
- Digital receiver on towfish with Ethernet telemetry and power
- Reduced diameter tow cable
- Real-time pitch, roll, heave, and depth sensors
- Surface echo attenuation
- Pulse library adapted for different survey applications
- Data display in multi-frequency bands
- Geological surveys
- Environmental site investigations
- Sediment classification
- Buried pipeline & cable surveys
- Archaeological surveys
- Mining/dredging surveys
- Map, measure & classify sediment layers within the sea floor